Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer Blog

From breastfeeding to being diagnosed with breast cancer and then back to breastfeeding. This is an account of my experiences.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Golden Token


So much like a quarter, similar in size and weight, I even keep it in my wallet. Its presence carries hidden meaning. This unique token is for the “special” parking lot at the cancer center. It grants me entrance to a small lot near the cancer center, a branch of the hospital. After my first visit, the receptionist asked if I’d ever be back. I answered yes, I’d be back and she gave me my first token. Since then, I’ve always had at least one golden token in my wallet waiting to gain access to the special parking lot. Sometimes when looking for change, I spot the golden token and remember when I’ll need to use it again. I don’t know when I’ll be done having golden tokens in my wallet. I’ll need them for my follow ups with my oncologist pretty regularly for at least two years. I imagine I’ll see her at least annually for a long, long time. It’s amazing how something as ordinary as a coin can hold such meaning for me. It signifies cancer and how it is now a part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete