Fast forward to the present and I now have a two year old post cancer baby who has been successfully breastfed on my one remaining breast.
I am offering this blog of my journey with cancer for others who may have similar experiences. We premenopausal women are a minority and then add hormone receptor negative cancer and it is even more rare. Even if one woman benefits from reading of my experience, I am happy to pass it on.
- 12/29/06 dx DCIS grade 2-3 with necrosis & focal early microinvasion
- 2/7/07 Partial Mastectomy and Sentinel Node Biopsy
- 2/18/07 dx .6cm Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC) grade 2 with DCIS 1.4cm grade 3, HER2+++ ER-PR-, negative nodes (3 taken), clean margins
- 3/20/07 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin 12 weeks
- Herceptin to continue for 12 months to end March 2008
- BRCA 1/2 negative
- 9/10/07 Right Mastectomy with Thigh (gracilis muscle) flap reconstruction in lieu of radiation treatments
- 3/6/08 - Final Herceptin