Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer Blog

From breastfeeding to being diagnosed with breast cancer and then back to breastfeeding. This is an account of my experiences.

Friday, December 29, 2006

It's DCIS, You Need a Surgeon

I got the call just before the New Year's Holiday weekend.  You have an early cancer and you need a surgeon.  I was surprised and quickly moved into research mode.  I had her spell Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) more than once.  I had just spent more time at the doctor's in the last two weeks than I had spent in the last four years probably!  The last thing I wanted to do was see more doctors, and a surgeon, that sounded like a terrible idea.  I wanted to get back to my life as a mom, wife, daughter and be done with this experiment.

Because it was a holiday weekend, I couldn't do anything in terms of setting up an appointment.  I sat in front of our computer and researched almost all day for three days.  I learned as much as I could about breast cancer and DCIS.  I quickly realized that DCIS doesn't usually present with a lump and that there was almost no information about breastfeeding and breast cancer.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete