Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer Blog

From breastfeeding to being diagnosed with breast cancer and then back to breastfeeding. This is an account of my experiences.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wig Research

Who knew that I would be learning about wigs and considering losing my hair.  Many women seem to struggle with the thought of losing their hair and I did too.

I can't imagine not being a redhead, it would be strange.  In learning about wigs, I found a local stylist who sells wigs.  She had some examples which looked very similar to my hair and she could cut it so it would look even more similar.

Taxol usually has the side effect of losing one's hair, but it is also often offered in conjunction with other chemos.  I will wait and see what happens before ordering the wig.

It's funny how when considering losing ones hair, we do see it as a temporary situation..the hair will grow back.  Many women are deeply saddened by the experience.  When considering how long it takes for hair to get long again, it feels less of a temporary situation.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete